To obtain an Salem Library card you must:
Salem City Library has over 19,000 items in its collection. They include:
- Books, fiction and non-fiction, for readers of all ages
- Blu-ray’s & DVDs, both entertainment and educational
- Electronic databases and Internet access
- Books on CD
- Materials check out for three weeks with two three week renewals. Exceptions are:
- New, high demand items – 3 week checkout, no renewal if not on hold
- Videos – 1 week checkout, 1 renewal
- DVDs – 1 week checkout, 1 renewal
Most late materials are subject to a $.10 per day fine. Books on CD and DVDs are $.50 per day. Charge for damaged or lost items is our cost to replace plus a $2.00 processing fee.
All but specifically marked items may be returned through our 24 hour drive-up book-drop, located on the West side of the Library. For further information, call 801-423-2622.
- Requests may be placed on an item in the catalog that is checked out or is otherwise unavailable. To make a request, call 801-423-2622 or click on My Account.
- Interlibrary Loan Service is available to Salem Library patrons for many items that the Salem Library does not own. To make an Interlibrary Loan Request, call 801-423-2622.